Tuesday, April 21, 2009

No Zoo Today :(

We did not get to go to the zoo today because our little pumpkin is sick. It came on rather quickly although she was showing some signs of being sick starting yesterday morning. Rosalyn has an ear infection in both ears...the left ear quite severe. She is coughing some and has a runny nose. She also has developed a skin infection on her left leg caused by an ant bite. Add to that her teething pain and you have one very unhappy baby girl. She has had a high fever since last night and hasn't eaten or drank anything. We just got home from the doctor/pharmacy and I dosed her up with Clindamycin (her antibiotic for two weeks), Tylenol, Motrin, and Benadryl...hoping all that given together will help her feel better fast. She is asleep in her bed now which is good because she really needs the rest. She has been so miserable today...it breaks my heart.

Please pray that the medicine will work quickly to clear the infection so that she can eat/drink/sleep comfortably. Also, pray that her antibiotics do not cause diarrhea/yeast infection since that has been a problem for her in the past.

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Jenn! I hate that for you! I will be praying...and HARD! I know how hard it is to see out little ones hurting. Please keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, poor Ros. I hate that she didn't get to go to the zoo... but there will be plenty of time for that when she is feeling better. Aren't you glad you discovered all of this BEFORE arriving at the zoo?!!! take care, and keep us posted here... will be praying for that sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying she gets over this quickly.
    -Nate

    ReplyDelete