Tonight, Jason and I went on a real date!
This is quite significant because we have been on exactly 3 "dates" since Rosalyn was born in August 2007:
Nate and Tami's Halloween party October 2007
Houston Rodeo March 2008
Dinner and a Movie June 2008
She stayed with the grandparents each time.
We just haven't felt any real need or desire up to leave her...we are both already away from her plenty of time each week for work (20 hours for me, 40 hours for Jason), so why add more? We are strong supporters of "attachment parenting" I suppose you could say. We both completely 100% trust my mom to take care of her exactly as we would, so that's not the issue. Nana already keeps her several hours a week and is totally familiar with her normal routines and behaviors. We just honestly, believe it or not, don't get tired of her and don't want to "get away" from her. She is only going to be a baby for such a short time, know what I mean?
So, anyway, (after much work), I convinced Jason that it would be fun to go out alone tonight! He is actually a little more hesitant than me to leave, probably because he is already away from her quite a bit due to work. It was a lot of fun, although it was really strange not having Rosalyn there with us. By the end of the evening, we both were missing our baby "Snuggle" and ready to get home. She, of course, was having the time of her life with Nana and Papa. She loves them so much and they adore her like no one else. Ros did find Nana's lipstick in her purse and cover her face with it (I will try to post picture tomorrow!).
We are planning to start having "date night" every other Saturday.
In case you were wondering, we went to: Sears to look at grills and pick up Rosalyn's latest photos, Saltgrass Steakhouse for dinner, the mall to get Jason some new shorts and me some new make-up, and then to Ben and Jerry's for ice cream on the way home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





So glad that you can do that!!! My Jason and I are planning a date in June! We do not like to leave our baby girl any more than we have to either. :)
ReplyDeleteLOL :) I have already seen the lipstick pic and it is hilarious! Papa was quite proud of it and sent it to the phone! Glad you and JK had fun-- y'all deserve it!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the pictures. Hey, when do me and Jason get to do OUR date night? LOL
ReplyDeleteNate