Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chick-Fil-A Meal Make-Over

Rosalyn and I eat lunch at Chick-Fil-A every Thursday. It is our little treat and something I look forward to doing with her each week while in the midst of our usual errands. As we were eating today, I was mentally comparing the meal I currently eat when we go there vs. the meal I used to eat pre-Weight Watchers. The amount of WW points, calories, fat, etc in the used to eat meal is ridiculous! By the way, I've lost 15 lb since I started Weight Watchers in January...I am so much happier with myself now! I would like to lose 5-10 more lb.

Anyway, I decided to come home and do a little research on my current healthy Chick-Fil-A meal vs. my old unhealthy Chick-Fil-A meal.

So, here it is...

Old Unhealthy Meal:
Original Chick-Fil-A Breaded Chicken Sandwich with Cheese and Mayo
Medium Order of Waffle Fries dipped in Polynesian Sauce
Fudge Nut Brownie
16 oz Sweet Tea

Calories: 1700
Fat Grams: 87
Fiber Grams: 11
WW Points: 40

Yikes!!!

New Healthy Meal:
Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich with Extra Veggies and Mustard/Ketchup (No Cheese or Mayo)
1/2 Small Order of Waffle Fries dipped in Ketchup
Small Fruit Cup
16 oz Unsweet Tea

Bold
Calories: 475
Fat Grams: 11
Fiber Grams: 12
WW Points: 10

Not Bad at all!!!

I didn't calculate the difference between the cholesterol, sodium, etc. but I am sure that the healthy meal still wins majorly in those categories as well!

In case you are not familiar with the WW program, foods are assigned a points value and you have a limited amount of points to eat each day. I get 20 points to eat per day + 35 extra weekly points that can be used all at once, not at all, or spaced out throughout the week. So, as you can see, with the old unhealthy meal, I was using all of my daily point allowance + more than 1/2 of my extra weekly points on just one meal...insane! Now, with the new healthy meal, I am only using 1/2 of my daily points allowance! Much better!

No wonder I had gained weight, lol!

This is Rosalyn's usual Chick-Fil-A meal: 1/2-1 chicken strip dipped in ketchup, 3-4 waffle fries dipped in ketchup, a few bites of veggies from my sandwich, 1/2 fruit cup, 6 oz 1% chocolate milk. It is her favorite place to eat lunch!

Anyway, there is my nutrition lecture for the day!

1 comment:

  1. But, I love the Chik-Fil-A Sauce soooooo good!

    Nate

    ReplyDelete