This morning I enrolled Rosalyn in part-time preschool for this coming fall. She is going to go two days/week, Monday and Wednesday, from 9 am-2 pm. Her first day will be August 31. I am going to work on Mondays and Wednesdays only starting this fall. So...I will drop her off at preschool at 9 am, be at work at 10 am, and Jason will pick her up both days at 2 pm. On Mondays, he is off work so he will have her the rest of the day until I arrive home at 9 pm. On Wednesday evenings, he has to work so he will still pick her up, but then my mom will take over from 5 pm until I arrive home at 9 pm.
I am excited and I have no doubt that she will absolutely love it, but I am also a little bit anxious. However, I have plenty of time to fret and look for cute napmats and lunch boxes. When we got to the church this morning to sign her up, she immediately squealed with delight and ran to the play area with the other kids and never even looked back at me...the teachers were totally amazed that she has never been to daycare. Research would say this is a sign of healthy attachment, but I wish she would at least act like she might miss me a little, lol! I watched her for a few minutes from the hallway and she was so happy and excited to play with the other kids. She is such an independent little girl and quite a social butterfly. It surprises me, because that is so not me, but I suppose it is just one more reminder that she is really her own person with her own unique personality. Sometimes as a mom, it is easy to just think of your little one as an extension of yourself.
We met her teacher and saw her classroom. Because of her late August birthday, she is going to be the youngest in her class. I hope that won't cause any issues, but we will cross that bridge when we get there!
So, anyway, thats our big news of the week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Oh my goodness! She does not seem old enough, even though she is!!!
ReplyDeleteAww! I'm sure that was really hard for you. I'm sure it will be great for Miss Rosalyn.
ReplyDeleteoh how exciting!
ReplyDeleteYay for Rosalyn! I'm sure she will have a great time.
ReplyDeleteNate