Monday, February 9, 2009

Yesterday was a nice day, I suppose. Ros and I went to church. After church, lunch, and naptime we all three made the short drive to Liberty to Jason's grandparent's house. We had dinner there and it was quite yummy...grilled shrimp, grilled veggies, baked potatoes, and banana pudding. Aunt Marilyn and Brooke ate dinner with us also. We also got to see Jason's dad and his wife, Mark and Barbie, along with their baby boy, Brannon. He is three months old and sweet as can be. He was feverish and sick last night and you could tell just from looking at him that he really didn't feel good, but he still would smile when someone was talking to him. He is such a precious little sweetheart boy :)

Today, Jason has been working on the fence all day with his friend Wes from work. They are nearly finished. I made them a big pot roast & veggies to eat for lunch. It was a 3 lb roast and they ate nearly all of it! I also made them some banana pudding for dessert. I am determined not to eat of the yummy pudding because I would hate to see my WW points after that!

The highlight of my day today was seeing my best friend, Lisa! We had a two hour lunch together and got to catch up on everything going on in our lives. We haven't seen each other in person for a few weeks and I missed her! We decided we are now going to have a standing every-other-Monday breakfast or lunch date. We are both so busy with our crazy schedules and obligations that it is sometimes hard to get together routinely. It doesn't help that we now live nearly an hour apart. We've been friends for ten years and she is one of the few people in the world that I feel like I can be totally transparent with. In case you didn't know, Rosalyn is named partially after her. R's middle name is Elisabeth. So anyway, that was my favorite part of the day!

No plans for tonight, just relaxing at the casa.

Tomorrow, I need to go grocery shopping. I am also going to a new ladies Beth Moore Bible study at church about Esther tomorrow night.

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I wish I could have lunch with your BFF too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate writes:
    Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!

    Lisa and I need to get together again soon, I miss her now!

    ReplyDelete