Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday 2/5

Today was a so-so day...

I worked all day yesterday and my mom aka Nana spent the night last night (she always stays on Wednesday nights). We definitely enjoyed having her company!

In fact, Rosalyn enjoyed it so much that she felt inclined to wake up three hours early at 6:30 am to have a little extra playtime with Nana before she left for work. After listening to her fuss a couple of minutes and determining from the way she sounded that she would not be going back to sleep no matter how much I wished she would, I sleepily climbed out of bed and released her from the nursery. She ran down the hallway squealing with delight and looking for Nana. I left her to "help" my mom get dressed while I dozed on the couch until 7:15.

After my mom left, I woke up for good. We ate breakfast and got dressed so we could leave the house at 8:30 for our very first day of spring semester Kindermusik!!! www.kindermusik.com
We have been so excited for this day! Rosalyn is in the 18 month-3 years "Our Time" class this semester. We love Kindermusik and have attended since Rosalyn was just a few months old.

We stopped to get gas before hopping on the interstate and then we were on our merry way--until I got pulled over for speeding :( ugh. I have never gotten a ticket of any kind until last February (also speeding; also on the way to Kindermusik) and now this. After saying goodbye to Mister Policeman (Rosalyn did tell him "buh-bye") we were finally on our way again! Please pray that I can get my ticket resolved.

We got to Kindermusik and got settled in to sing the "hello" song. Rosalyn is a super social baby and wanted to hold hands with the new friend she saw standing nearby. Her new thing is holding hands...she likes to hold hands with us all the time. Apparently, the 2-year-old friend did not want to hold hands with Rosalyn and bit my sweet girl really hard on the left shoulder. It broke the skin and left a bruise in the shape of 8 very mean little teeth. She cried for several minutes. Real tears, rolling down her chubby cheeks. We had to leave our class that we have looked so forward to so I could get her calmed down. All the other mom said was "I'm sorry, xxx has been biting this week." I was so mad. I know that biting happens and it is not the end of the world, but I was so upset for Rosalyn. I could tell her little feelings were hurt. It was one of my first times to get that "mommy rage." After she chilled out, we rejoined the class and she danced, sang, and played her instruments like a little crazy monkey. She would not go near the little chomper. All is well now, she doesn't even act like the shoulder bothers her. She will occasionally touch it and say "bot, bot." That is how she pronounces the word "bite."

We got home just in time for lunch and a nap. She woke up happy and we ate dinner and played with Daddy before he went off to work for the evening. She went to bed at 8 after a little bit of fussiness. I think I am going to bed soon also!

We are really looking forward to our day tomorrow...we are going to a Mardi Gras party/playdate at our friend's house (Shannee and Aydan). I will post about it tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. "xxx" hurt Rosalyn, Want me to beat him/her up? I could probably handle them. Just let me know. You know how to contact me. Just kiddin. Sorry she had to go through that.

    BTW, STOP SPEEDING!

    -Nate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I think that I would have had a little "mommy rage" too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Jenn, that will not be the first episode of Mommy Rage. Trust me. Biters are bad and I do not understand parents that act so NONCHALANT when their child bites. It is mean and viscious and should be immediately punished by an adult. I never really went for the "bite them back" mentality. I personally think the offending child and parent should have left. The child should not have been rewarded for such ANTI-social bahvaviour by being allowed to remain in class! So there, now I have had a little "Lala Rage"! Burns me up!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of your comments! I have cooled off a little, but everytime I see that bruise it irritates me!

    Nate, I have been faithfully setting my cruise control to help me with my little speeding problem. I got passed by a million people on the way home from ya'lls baby shower because I was actually going the speed limit, lol!

    ReplyDelete