This week, I finally began decorating our house (see pictures above)!
This is sad considering we have lived here nearly five months! It was just something I was dreading...not sure why. Since I really got started, I have enjoyed it.
So far, we've mainly started the living room and dining room...they still have much work to be done, but it is much better than the bare walls we have been used to. Next, I will tackle the kitchen/breakfast room (fairly simple). Then the laundry room/guest bathroom (shouldn't be hard). Then our bedroom and bathroom (gotta get a plan for that one). Rosalyn's room/playroom/bathroom will have to wait until after we know if/when/for sure that we are having another little one...the final "vision" for those rooms will depend on if we can go all out princess or if it needs to be a little more unisex. Besides, her room is already pink and adorable so it works for now. The guest room is totally on the back burner for now...it is very functional but still has jungle themed wallpaper, gross. What were the previous owners thinking?!?!?
It does help that we painted nearly every room in the house the desired color before moving in and every room has furniture and is at least minimally decorated. So I wasn't totally starting from scratch, but it sure seemed like it. Jason is already tired of hanging stuff...he swears I am a slavedriver. I really do appreciate all of his hard work...he is the greatest husband and daddy ever.
Anyway, I feel accomplished that I at least have this done. My goal is to be done with the living room, dining room, kitchen, and breakfast area by March 30th. We shall see.





Love the empty bottom three shelves in the living room! LOL! I know why they are bare! LOL, adds a playful tone to the photos.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, you are doing GREAT with the decorating. That is something I am very slow and indecisive about. I like doing it, but i often dread it because it requires so much thought AND work. LOL Good job! Continue to post photos of your progress...
p.s. - love the crosses, too.
I LOVE the green paint color you guys chose!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, anything 3 feet and lower is bare in our house...even our Christmas tree was only decorated from the top half up, lol!
ReplyDeleteThe house looks really nice, don't fret about not getting stuff done. We have lived in our house for 2 years and don't have everything done and organized, or clean. LOL
ReplyDelete-Nate
LOL Nate! I have been to your house and it looks great! Tami is so creative...I wish I could do all the scrapbooking stuff she does!
ReplyDelete