Not much interesting to write about today!
Rosalyn and I got up a little earlier than usual today at 7:45 am...her decision, not mine! After eating breakfast (oatmeal + bananas + milk), we got dressed and went on a shopping trip to Target and a few other places. I forgot the stroller at home, so Ros got carried everywhere (she didn't mind at all, naturally). I know what you are thinking, I could have let her walk--Only if I really, really wanted to get my exercise in for the day! Forget the cardio (chasing her), I'll just stick to the strength training (carrying her).
Anyway, back to the shopping trip...we found a new dress for each of us. We are going to a wedding tomorrow and that is a good reason to buy a new outfit! We also picked up a few more things we needed from Target, a Vanilla Latte for me, and arrived home just in time for lunch (macaroni and cheese + carrots&peas + pear juice) and a nap.
After nap, we played with Daddy before he left for work and we all ate dinner together (chicken cacciatore w/ mushrooms & tomatoes + rice + green beans + strawberries + tea). We also had some yummy cookies for dessert. Rosalyn must have really liked the menu tonight, because she cleaned her plate!
My mom came over on her way home and visited for a while, then I put Rosalyn to bed. Now, here I sit playing on the internet/reading Southern Living/watching Dateline before going to bed!
I called and scheduled Rosalyn's 18 month well-baby appointment today...it is on March 3rd. I know it sounds silly, but I really look forward to those appointments (aside from the shots). There is something comforting about having another health care professional look at your child and tell you she is perfectly healthy and normal! As a nurse, I am sure I tend to pick up on things and freak out sometimes! LOL! At her 18 month appt, she has to get two shots: DTaP & Hep A #1. Not looking forward to it, but they are necessary! Our usual Tylenol/Motrin around the clock will get us through.
In case you have ever wondered what an 18 month old's day looked like, here is our usual daily routine:
Morning~
8:30 am Wake Up/Diaper Change/Get Dressed/8 oz Milk/Snuggle
9:00 am Breakfast
9:30 am Reading Video/Noggin (not every day...30 minutes max)
10:00 am Diaper Change/Free Play/Outside Play/Errands/etc. until 12:30
Afternoon~
12:30 pm Diaper Change/8 oz Juice Water (2 parts water + 1 part juice)/Lunch
1:00 pm Two Hour Nap
3:00 pm Wake Up/Diaper Change/8 oz Milk/Snuggle
3:30 pm Reading Video/Noggin (not every day...30 minutes max)
4:00 pm Free Play/Outside Play/Errands/etc. until 5:30
Evening~
5:30 pm Diaper Change/8 oz Juice Water/Dinner
6:30 pm Quiet Play (no TV, nothing too loud and crazy!) until 7:30
7:30 pm Snack/8 oz Milk
8:00 pm Bath/Brush Teeth & Hair/Lotion/PJs
8:30 pm Bedtime!
All the times are approximate and can easily vary 30 minutes either way. Also, she does not watch an hour of TV/day...those are just the times we usually watch, if we even turn it on. It seems like a lot to keep up with now that I've typed it all out, but this is just the way our day flows. I think life is so much easier with a toddler when you have routines in place...she knows exactly what to expect which I think cuts down on tantrums, fussiness, etc. She is also a great eater and sleeper 99% of the time. Rosalyn has always been a "routine" baby...she has put herself on a schedule since she was really tiny. We never did any "baby training" (BabyWise, Sleep Whisperer, etc.) with her...I am not a big fan of that philosophy. I just follow her cues and go from there! I know some people probably think Jason and I work our world around her (and we pretty much do), but I think it works better that way for us now...she is only going to be a baby for a short time and I am sure she will be more flexible with her routines as she gets older. We are ok with doing what is best for her now. Besides, there is nowhere else we would rather be than with our baby girl.
I will try to post again tomorrow, but it will be a busy day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





wow that is a great schedule. of course i don't have children yet but i agree with u about the schedule thing. i know that i do better when i have a scehdule. i'm glad this works for u. maybe u can help me when we have ours!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you llok forward to those well-baby appts. too! Like you, besides the shots, I always feel better when a professional says she is perfect! :) Also, thanks for the schedule! I love reading things like that!
ReplyDeleteKaren...I will def help if I can. I know all babies are different, but mine does a lot better when she knows what's going on. I have all her "schedules" saved on the computer for each time period, lol, so I can email them to you! It did/does help me tremendously to see what other babies around her age or older are doing. Really, she put herself on each routine--none of it was dictated by me. I just observed/learned what worked best for her and followed her lead.
ReplyDeleteKatie...I am glad I am not alone in looking forward to pedi appointments--Jason thinks I am nuts! Glad you enjoyed reading our schedule...I also love reading other people's routines/schedules/etc...helps me know I am normal, lol!