Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rosalyn's Tree

It was SO cold today! I don't think Ros was very happy out there!

Sweet Dreamer

One Year Ago...
Can't you tell I am such a reminiscer...it drives Jason crazy!


Today we planted a tree in the front yard for Rosalyn. I think this a great tradition and we are planning to continue it with any possible future children.

Jason's grandmother, Mrs. Phyllis, bought the tree in Rosalyn's honor so we had a "planting party" this evening :). I cooked a yummy dinner that would have made Paula Deen proud considering the amount of butter I used to prepare it. We had Poppyseed Chicken over Egg Noodles, Squash Casserole, Green Beans with Bacon and Onion, Deviled Eggs, Yeast Rolls, Sweet Tea, and Cake Balls for dessert. I used all of my weekly extra WW points at one meal...yikes! Mark, Brannon, Marilyn, Brooke, Mr. Jay, and Mrs. Phyllis all came over to eat and visit. We also got the tree planted, but it was way too cold to get any good pictures...I was just trying to hurry back in. You can barely see a limb from the tree in the picture above of the three of us! It was a really fun day.

In the other picture of Rosalyn sleeping, I just snuck into her room and found her with her leg propped up...silly girl!

Funny/New things R is doing this week:

When she is crying/having a fit she quite dramatically covers her face with both hands.

She imitates me counting and tries to hold up her fingers appropriately.

She will point at something (milk for example) and nod "yes" to indicate that she wants it.
She pooped in the potty twice over the past couple days. However my attempts at letting her wear panties yesterday afternoon were futile...she peed in every pair I put on her and she didn't mind one bit!

She has taken to standing hands free on the seat her riding toys and dancing to music...she thinks it is a funny game and it gives me a heart attack...I just know she is going to break her neck!

She is eating with a spoon and fork pretty well with little/no assistance. She still uses her hands about 50% of the time.

She has become very maternal to her baby dolls. During her waking hours, you will hardly find her without one in her arms. She sits them beside her when she eats and makes them sit on the potty alongside her. She will "love" them, kiss them, put them in her old baby swing, rock them night-night, and pretend to feed them a bottle. She also likes to undress them, but hasn't figured out how to put the clothes back on. It think is really sweet to see her be so loving and nurturing to something...it makes me feel like I am doing at least a halfway decent job at mothering her.
I am working Monday and Wednesday this week...I will try to post on Tuesday after Rosalyn's check-up.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Do not worry...I am already reminiscing and Brooklyn is not even 7 months old yet! I guess that it is just a Mommy thing. :) I cannot wait to hear how Rosalyn's appointment goes tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Tradition, What kind of tree did you plant? Next you need a Pondless Waterfall!
    -Nate

    ReplyDelete