Tuesday, March 3, 2009

18 month appointment

We went for Rosalyn's 18 month check-up today...

She officially weighs 26.75 lb (80%) and is 32 inches (55%). Her head is 19.5 inches (off the charts, as usual). Our measurements that we did at home last week were a little off since she wouldn't be still for us!

We are concerned about some significant allergy issues she is having--basically a persistant cough and runny nose since October despite multiple treatments. Her pediatrician said it is quite uncommon that she has had four sinus infections already with the first being prior to one year of age and that this is a big red flag pointing to possible allergy issues. We have started her on Zyrtec 2x/day and we also had blood drawn today to check for allergies. Hopefully we will have those results soon. She is too young for the traditional skin prick allergy testing. We are to return to the office in a couple of weeks if the Zyrtec is not working so that we can get a prescription for something else.

She also got two shots...DTaP and Hepatitis A. She did pretty well with the shots and blood draw...cried for a minute then seemed to totally forget about it.

Our pediatrician said she is otherwise healthy as a horse and growing perfectly. She was very impressed with her talking/motor stuff/etc. According to her, Rosalyn is a super smart, sweet, happy little girl (with a very runny nose!)...which we already knew :)

We came home after our appointment and ate turkey burgers and homemade oven-baked onion rings...yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying that you find the perfect meds to help little Ros. I know that cannot be any fun at all!!! However, you are probably like me and think if that is the only problem she has, then praise the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like Leeny when she was that age. I never can remember the medicine that the doctors gave me for her, but I remember that the generic never would help. I always had to pay the higher price and get the medicine as prescribed. The pharmacist said it had to do with the catalyst the medicine was put in. Anyway, I hope that Baby Girl does not have allergies! Just nosey problems like her Aunt Robin!

    ReplyDelete