I had to work yesterday until 8:30 pm. Jason had his annual night gun qualification (which he absolutely cannot miss) at 7 pm. This was not a problem, because my mom was planning to be at our house at 6:30 to babysit Rosalyn until we got home. However, she got stuck in an impossible traffic jam trying to get to our house. It was also impossible for anyone else to get to Jason and Rosalyn in time due to traffic. Soooo....he had to bring her to me at work (while my dad sped through Houston to get to the hospital to get her from me). I know at some jobs having a toddler in tow is not a huge issue, but my job is definitely not one of those! She was with me at work from 6:45 pm to 7:30 pm which was basically a disaster! I had just received a fresh post op patient (which means I have to stay with that patient to monitor her at all times) when the princess arrived. Jason was running so late that he had to hand her off to an officer friend that he works with in the ER and that friend brought her up to me. Seriously, it could have been worse I guess. I tried to "lock her up" in a small patient area that had a TV and big windows so I could watch her, but she refused. Fortunately, another nurse was able to entertain her for a bit while I cared for my patient. It was majorly stressful, but it all worked out ok in the end. Rosalyn didn't mind at all...as soon as she got to me, you could see her little wheels turning just eyeing all the equipment and supplies she could possibly explore. My dad arrived just in time and saved the day...thank you! Poor Nana ended up stuck in traffic for about 3 hours. This was probably (okay, definitely) one of the most headache-inducing parenting moments ever!
We all got home safely last night by 10, thankfully! After eating dinner and putting Rosalyn to bed, we both relaxed and breathed a big sigh of relief!
So far, today has been much better!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Pass the baby... haha. Sounds like an adventure. Happy everything worked out for you. I hope Rosalyn used hand sanitizer before and after entering the room.
ReplyDeleteNate
Oh my gosh, Jennifer! You are a trooper!!!
ReplyDelete