Rosalyn and I got up at 8 am this morning...I was hoping to sleep until 9 am but apparently Miss R had other plans. After finishing breakfast (milk and raisin oatmeal), we watched Noggin for a short time before getting ready to go to "story time" at the library. We arrived at story time and all was well until about 5 minutes into "Green Eggs and Ham." Basically, my child turned into a monster. I am not sure what happened, but she just started screaming and being so disruptive that we had to leave! I was mortified...Rosalyn was having a total tantrum, kicking, screaming, back arching, the whole nine yards! I am not quite sure what set her off, but it was not pretty. So we got settled in the car and went on to the grocery store to get stuff for dinner. She was pretty naughty at the store, but mild compared to the library. After getting home and having a quick snack (crackers and juice), I layed her down for a wwaayyy early nap...she slept for 3 hours! I guess she was tired! Jason and I were talking about it this afternoon and realized she has been this way in the morning for three days now and it starts about 30 minutes after receiving her morning dose of Zyrtec. I think it is making her sleepy and irritable. Seriously, her behavior has been so uncharacteristically terrible that we were at shocked! Starting tomorrow, I will be giving her the full dose of Zyrtec one time a day...at bedtime! Our doctor had recommended splitting the full dose and giving it twice a day, but I am afraid this routine is not going to work for us! Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day!
When she woke from her nap at 2, everything was fine. She ate lunch and played. My mom came over to visit and get dressed for a school event tonight. Rosalyn of course loved seeing Nana. After everyone left, she and I played for a while before bedtime. She went to bed early tonight at 7:30...I am going to try to go to bed early also. We are doing the Methodist Hospital Stride 4 Stroke 5k walk in Houston in the morning, so we have to get up super early (6 am, yikes!!!). My unit at work has a team...the Peri-Op Piranhas, lol!
On a side note, the nurse from the pediatrician's office called me today to let me know that they expected the blood test results to be in Monday or Tuesday.
I posted a picture above of our dinner...it was really good, filling, cheap (under $20 to make the entire recipe including garnish and corn bread), and SO easy so I thought I would post the recipe. It would be perfect for a crowd!
Chicken Taco Soup
Easily Serves 8 Adults
1 rotisserie chicken
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 can black beans, undrained
1 can yellow corn, undrained
1 can white corn, undrained
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can chicken broth
1 package dry taco seasoning
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
salt and pepper to taste
cheese, sour cream, and avacado to garnish
cornbread
1. Remove skin and bones from chicken and tear into bite size pieces.
2. In a large saucepan, mix together chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes, broth, and both seasoning packets. Add salt and pepper if needed.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring well.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until ready to serve.
5. Serve with cheese, sour cream, avacado, and corn bread.
Delish!
I will try to post again tomorrow!





HAVE to try that recipe! Sounds delish & easy! Thanks for posting the recipe!
ReplyDelete