Thanks to Nate letting me borrow his Flip Video Recorder, I have a new video of Rosalyn to post!
I love this little recorder--it is so easy to use!
Enjoy...
Today, we spent the day cleaning and then went out for Mexican food with my parents and brother. I think after spending half a day cleaning, I have decided to make a daily/weekly/monthly chore list. Our house isn't really that bad--we definitely pick up, sweep, clean kitchen, do laundry, etc. on a daily basis--but I have found that some chores seem to really sneak up on us!
Here's what I have so far...
Daily Chores:
Clean Kitchen
Wash Sippies
Empty Kitchen Trash and Bathroom Trash if Needed
Wipe/Straighten Bathroom Counters
Put All Laundry in Hampers
Make Beds
Put Toys/Books Away
Straighten Up Living Room, Dining Room, Hallway
De-Junk for 10 Minutes
Weekly Chores:
Scrub Bathrooms
Laundry
Change Sheets
Dust Everywhere
Mop/Sweep/Vacuum Floors
Scrub Kitchen/Clean Refrigerator
Monthly Chores:
*I will assign a "Monthly Chore" to each week of the month.
Clean Ceiling Fans
Clean Baseboards
Clean Windows/Blinds and Doors
Organize Pantry and Closets
So, this is what I think the week will look like...
Monday: Daily Chores + Scrub Bathrooms
Tuesday: Daily Chores + All Laundry and Change Sheets
Wednesday: Daily Chores + Dust Everywhere and Mop/Sweep/Vacuum Floors
Thursday: Daily Chores + Scrub Kitchen and Clean Refrigerator/Microwave/Oven/etc.
Friday: Daily Chores + Monthly Chore of The Week
Saturday: Daily Chores
Sunday: Nothing Except What is Absolutely Necessary!
What do you think? Am I missing any area? If you already have a "system" like this, I would love to know your ideas and what works/doesn't work for you!
Tomorrow, I am going to get my hair done! Yay! Conveniently, my hair stylist is also my best friend so I will get some much needed girl time also :) After I am finished with my hair and eat lunch with Lisa, I need to go to the grocery store and run a few other errands before coming home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





You can't see me right now but I am smiling. You don't know how much I enjoy knowing Ros thru this blog. I am missing so much of her life. I am so sad to not see ya'll all the time or at least once in a moon! Hug that sweet baby girl and tell her that Lala says hello and that I love her!
ReplyDeleteI can think of one area you missed, Jen...
ReplyDeleteMAID SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
Just kidding, I just WISH I could be so organized in my cleaning! :(
I am nearly to cry watching that video. I miss my baby girl so much!! I am fighting dial up to watch it. I may just have to leave it up all night so I can show Jody tomorrow.
I miss y'all! I love you, JK, and that precious angel girl. Give hugs and kisses all around!
Great Video, I knew you like that thing. Isn't it just awesome? Let me know if you need any help with it, I think I've become pretty good with mine :)
ReplyDeleteAs far as the cleaning goes, Tami and I have a Dry erase board that has squares on it like a monthly Calendar and Tami's chores are one color and mine are another. And we have another color to cross off chores that are done. Right now we both have been slacking because of our hectic schedule, but we will get back on track sooner or later.
*Don't forget to empty Ra'Ra's Cat box, and any chores done outside that Jason does like cutting the grass, count as his chores.
-Nate
LOVED the video!!!
ReplyDeletelove the video!!!!
ReplyDeletelove your chore list too.
I have one, but I very rarely stick to it. I just have to prioritize most of the time and do the things that must be done NOW, and then let the loose ends drag. LOL. I hope now that I'm back at work, I'll get a solid routine established and STAY WITH IT.
You inspire me. With the chore list, and the child schedule, and the recipes ... all of it... so keep posting!! :-)
That video is so cute!! I am hoping that sometime this summer anthony and I can come visit ya'll in TX. We miss ya'll so much!!
ReplyDelete