18 months ago
Today
I cannot believe my Rosalyn will be 19 months old tomorrow! Oh my goodness, where does the time go?!?!?
Here is my monthly journal entry to her...
Dear Rosalyn,
I am so in love with you...it amazes me how my little girl can so tightly grip such a huge chunk of my heart. You are the sweetest, most precious, and perfect gift and some days I still can't believe you really are mine. I loved you before you were born (really even before you were conceived...your Daddy and I wanted you so much) and I remember thinking my heart would quite literally burst directly out of my chest when I first held you on your birthday. Thinking of that moment, when time stood still a brief moment for us, brings big tears to my eyes. You are such a busybody these days...always on the go and chattering nonstop about something! You are still a good eater and sleeper, as usual. You have 12 teeth now and are quite a little chunker these days! You weigh over 27 lb and you are 32 inches tall. Your hair is almost long enough to pull it all back in one ponytail! You can say lots of words...you add more to your vocabulary every day! Today you said "berry" for the first time. We were eating strawberries after supper and you said "berry" (more like "bewwy") and nodded your head "yes"...of course I couldn't resist giving you a few more (even though you had already had a pile!). You have been using the potty like a big girl sometimes! You are a sweet, loving little girl...always ready to give a big hug or kiss. I love seeing your little personality emerge. You are sensitive and get your feelings hurt easily sometimes, but you have a smile on your face within just another second! However, physically it takes a lot to hurt you...you fall and bump your head all the time but you rarely cry...you just hop right up and brush it off. You are fiercely independant, refusing help many times, but to see the look of pride on your face when you "figure it out" is priceless! You have been carrying your "baby" everywhere (even to bath and bed)...you are sweet to her, always rocking and singing and feeding her...so precious. You love to climb..you have made my heart flutter several times over the past few weeks with your "adventures" in furniture climbing! I love looking into your sweet, smiling, hazel eyes! Your Daddy and I love you so much sweet angel. Even though he doesn't write you journals, I hope you always know he loves his babygirl more than anything in the world. You are truly the biggest joy of our lives!
Love,
Mommy






There you go, make a body cry before she even has to go to work... gee! I love that baby girl... and you too, sweetheart! I always thought I would love your kids, but never the way I did and do you. Oh, I was SOOOO wrong! And I know that sounds awful, but you know what I mean! It just amazes me how I thought I couldn't love any little person any more than I already did love "my" kids-- the grands-- but then the greats came along...
ReplyDeleteOh, Jennifer, I loved reading that. I feel the exact same way. Isn't it amazing how much you can love one little person, even though they can be ring-tailed-tooters sometimes!
ReplyDeleteReally nice, thank you for sharing that.
ReplyDeleteTell Jason he need to start writing!
Nate
Jenn, I told your mom the other day that God lied to us about loving our children. He said that the most complete love is the love a parent feels for their child. He fibbed. The absolute most precious feeling in the world, the feeling that makes me feel like my world is so complete, the feeling I know my mom (your Nana) had every day of her life from 1983 on, is the feeling I have everytime I look at Addy, Isaiah, and Rosalyn! I love you 2 girls so very much!
ReplyDelete