Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our Day--Thursday 1/29/09

We had a relatively uneventful (which means boring!) day today, which is not always a bad thing! I worked yesterday and I will work tomorrow so having a slow day in between is nice.

Rosalyn and I woke up this morning at 9 and ate cheese grits and bananas for breakfast. After breakfast, we played inside for a while before getting dressed for the day. (which means me struggling with a screaming, wiggly toddler for 10 minutes trying to convince her that wearing pants in public and cold weather is a necessary thing!).

After getting dressed, we got out to run a couple of errands. After being so good and cooperative, she understandably began getting a little fussy in the car. As I was singing and talking to her to cheer her up, I decided to add a "fun" errand to the list. We stopped at the doughnut shop! I know what you are thinking, bad mommy. You are probably in shock also that I actually let her have a doughnut since I am usually such a nutrition-naxi about what she eats and drinks. I am pretty serious about her nutrition, but the child never gets sugary stuff to eat so I figured one doughnut wouldn't kill her! We walked in and Rosalyn immediately started going "Mmmm-Mmmm" LOUDLY at all the pretty doughnuts lined up. Everyone in the shop was laughing at her. I let her point to the one she wanted (strawberry glazed) and payed for it. We sat down and I gave her the doughnut...she ate the whole thing! Needless to say, she was in a happier mood after that errand.

After our errands, we came home at 12 and ate lunch (pinto beans, turkey bacon, carrots, and pineapple). Rosalyn then took a nap from 12:30-2:30. I also took a nap for part of that time. When we got up, Jason was awake so we hung out with him and Rosalyn got some good quality Daddy time!

After playing and eating some yogurt for a snack, Jason went to work and Rosalyn and I went on an hour long walk around our neighborhood. We got back at 6 and played for a little while before eating supper at 6:30. I ate a lean cuisine frozen meal and she ate a little of all the following: turkey lunchmeat, cheese, corn tortilla, sweet potatoes, green beans, dried cranberries, and semisweet chocolate chips. She is in this stage of wanting lots of variety, so I put little "samples" of lots of stuff on her tray and she nibbles it all.

We finished dinner at 7, played in the playroom until 7:30, then I gave her a bath and put her in bed. She was really tired and was sound asleep by 8!

I am now watching some show on TLC, eating a snack, and playing on the computer. I will try to go to bed "early" (which means before midnight) since I have to get up at 8 to get ready for work. Aunt Marilyn, Daddy, and Papa (my dad) will take care of Rosalyn tomorrow in shifts before I get home at 9. Nana is out of town at a conference, so Papa is filling in...hopefully she will be good for him!

I will try to update tomorrow night!

2 comments:

  1. Nate writes:

    Be careful with those donuts... they can become addicting. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love reading your blog! Helps me know what I will be doing in a year. :)

    ReplyDelete