Tonight, we had a yummy dinner that was also healthy! We had meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole. The recipes were reworked a bit to make them lower in fat and calories.
Each recipe is to serve 6 (generous portions; could probably serve 8)
Meatloaf:
2 lb lean beef
1 cup breadcrumbs
3/4 cup egg beaters (the original kind)
3/4 cup salsa
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Press mixture into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.
For last 5 minutes of baking, spread top of meatloaf with an additional 1/4 cup salsa.
7 WW points per serving
Mashed Potatoes:
2.5 lb potatoes, washed and cubed (you can also peel them, but I leave the skin on)
1 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
Boil potatoes until they are tender.
Drain very well.
Mix potatoes with chicken broth and S&P until they are very smooth (I use a mixer).
3 WW per serving
Green Bean Casserole:
28 oz can cut green beans, drained well
1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup fat free milk
1 cup canned "fried" onions, divided
salt and pepper to taste
Mix together beans, soup, milk, 3/4 cup onions, and S&P in a 8x8 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
For last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle top with remaining onions.
2 WW points per serving
Anyway, we had a good day today! Jason and I ate dinner at 4:30 before he went to work and enjoyed actually talking to each other in person. We hadn't seen each other since Thursday due to our work schedules.
After he left, Rosalyn and I walked nearly 3 miles (well, she didn't walk...that would take forever). I pushed her in the stroller. I usually carry her on my back in my BabyHawk (http://www.babyhawk.com/ ), but thankfully she has been more agreeable to the stroller lately. I love carrying her and I am a huge advocate of "babywearing" as a form of attachment, but she does get a little heavy on a nearly hour long walk! I "wear" her a lot at home and when we are out and about.
After our walk, my mom and dad stopped by to eat and hang out with Rosalyn and me for a while. She loves Nana and Pop so much and gets so excited when they come over! They stayed to help me get her in bed at 8 and then my mom and I made a Starbuck's run. I got an tall iced "skinny" vanilla latte (only 2 WW points!).
It was really nice to just be "lazy" today. I am looking forward to going to church tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





That meatloaf sounds good! I may have to try it!
ReplyDeleteNate Writes:
ReplyDeleteTami has made a version of the WW Meatloaf and it is the best meatloaf recipe we have had.
?Babywearing"- new term I just learned.
Babywearing = wearing baby all over in a sling. My favorite slings are the hotsling and babyhawk Google them! Babywearing is strongly promoted by attachment parenting gurus as a way to promote happy, healthy parent-baby attachment. I love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd, by the way, that meat loaf is really good!
Nate writes:
ReplyDeleteCan't I just put him in a bag or something?