Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday

Today was a fun and fairly uneventful day. Rosalyn decided to wake up up much earlier than usual, but fortunately Daddio was home and volunteered to get up with her. This meant I got to sleep late--yippee! I can't remember the last time I slept past 9 am!

After waking up at an unmentionable hour (too embarrassed to write it!), Rosalyn and I got dressed to go to the 90th birthday party of my BFFs grandmother. We enjoyed seeing some friends we hadn't seen in a while.

When we got home, the three of us went to eat dinner at a BBQ place close to our house. Rosalyn ate two bites of bread, one macaroni noodle, 1 sliver of sausage, and two pinto beans. Seriously. She is in the typical toddler "feast or famine" eating mode. A typical day means picking at one meal, eating like a starving person at one meal, and totally refusing one meal. I don't worry about it. I just offer her healthy food several times a day. If she eats it, great. If she refuses, oh well. She won't starve herself!

When we got home, we played around the house for a long time. Rosalyn loves to dance to music, so I played her some songs off Napster and she entertained us. Her favorites for the night were Devil in Disguise by Elvis, Yeah by Usher, and Louisiana Saturday Night by Mel McDaniel. I am sure she will have a different musical preference next time. She is so funny!

She went to bed at 8:30 and my baby brother Jason came over to spend the night. He is 17 and Rosalyn loves to play with him. He teaches her how to kick the ball in the house, among other things. We are sitting on the couch...Husband Jason is watching HGTV and Brother Jason and I are listening to Corey Smith (one of our mutual faves) on Napster.

I am planning to try to go to bed at a reasonable hour so that I can be in a good mood tomorrow! We are planning to go to church, maybe eat with my parents, and just relax at home.

Here are a few pictures from today:


She did not want daddy to help her--I was making him hold her still so I could get a picture!



She looks so much like a toddler to me in this picture!



Baby Girl



2 comments:

  1. Nate writes:
    Does Roger always read when he is sitting under the table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool that ya'll like Corey Smith!! We are double dating with Quinn & Stephen the 7th Feb to his concert in Tucscaloosa. We have had trouble getting tickets that you can read about in my blog!

    ReplyDelete