Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sick again. Ugh.

Well, the title says it, but I hope I am wrong. Rosalyn has been a little "off" today. She woke up fine this morning, but hasn't eaten well all day. Those of you who know her well will surely recognize that as an oddity...that baby girl loves to eat! Anyway, the day went on ok. She napped well and played a lot, but remained very quiet, clingy and wouldn't eat much. We went out to eat tonight with my parents and all she would do was lay on Nana's shoulder. She wasn't even that interested in a bite of ice cream. I got her home and noticed she was burning up. Her underarm temp was 102.3 degrees (so her "real" temp was 103.3). I gave her a big dose of motrin and my mom helped me give her a bath and put her to bed. She sobbed and cried during the entire bath, but went right to sleep afterwards. She has no other symptoms. About 10 days ago, she finished a two week course of antibiotics for a sinus infection. For about a week now, she has been perfectly fine...no runny nose, no stuffy nose, no sneezing or coughing, eating and sleeping great, etc. I asked her what hurt tonight, but all she did was cry. She will usually point if something hurts. She is teething, but that shouldn't cause such high fever. I will medicate her tonight and we will see how she does overnight and in the morning. I will take her to the pedi if no improvement.

In case you are ever wondering, here are the pediatric dosages for a few common meds:

Benadryl: 0.5 milligrams/pound every 6 hours

Tylenol: 7 milligrams/pound every 4 hours

Motrin: 4.5 milligrams/pound every 6 hours

I am posting this because the package labeling usually overdoses or underdoses! Dosage should always be based on weight, not age.

Otherwise, we had a good day. I worked all day yesterday and Jason worked all night last night. When I got home at 9, my mom had cooked a yummy supper. We ate and put Ros to bed. My mom and I stayed up watching Discovery Health a while and then went to bed (she spent the night). I slept until 9 then got up with Rosalyn. We had a pretty lazy day. Jason was off today. He has to go to a class all day tomorrow in Beaumont. Tonight, we went to dinner with my parents. I ate cheese enchiladas, pretty much my entire points allowance for the day, lol! I am about to go to bed soon.

I don't have to go back to work until next Wednesday, yay! I work 2 days/week. Usually, Monday & Wednesday one week; Wednesday & Friday the next week. I like my schedule like this because I am basically totally off work every other week.

Anyway, I will update tomorrow on Rosalyn's illness.

Also, in case you didn't notice, I commented on each of your comments on my previous posts. Thanks for all of your sweet comments so far!

2 comments:

  1. Nate writes:

    Sick again, Ugh is right. I'm sorry to hear the poor baby is sick. By the way, just have to say I am excited I get to go to that class with my BFF, It feels like I haven't seen him in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I hope ya'll have fun tomorrow learning about racial profiling or whatever it is that you are learning about! I just read Cayden's update on ya'lls site...I was waiting until you posted to go to bed :) Glad the little man is hanging in there tonight!

    ReplyDelete