Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Chipped Front Tooth and an Eye Appointment...

Well, the title shares our news for the day...

Last night, Rosalyn fell in the bathtub and chipped her right front tooth (see below). I apologize for the bad cell phone quality picture. She was crying and trying to get out of the tub to chase after Nana (my mom). In the process, she slipped right out of my hands and busted her lip, bit her tongue, bruised her chin, and chipped the tooth. It was NOT a fun night, needless to say. This morning, the gum around the tooth looked really bruised. I did call the pediatric dentist office here in town, but they assured me that it was probably ok and to bring her in if it only if it changed colors or seemed to be really bothering her. I guess we will wait and see.




In other news, we spent several hours at the Texas Children's eye clinic this afternoon. We have noticed that Rosalyn's eyes still cross in occasionally when she is sleepy or concentrating. It is not very frequent or noticeable, but we still wanted to get it checked out. The doctor told us that her eyes appear very normal (besides being far-sighted) on extensive exam, so we should just watch and wait. She has a wide nasal bridge and epicanthal folds (inner eye corners) so this can contribute to cross eyed appearance. We are glad all is well.

I have to work tomorrow (9 am-8:30 pm). Rosalyn will be shuffled between Aunt Marilyn (8:30 to 2ish), Daddy (2ish to 5ish), and Nana (5ish to 9). She loves the extra TLC from Aunt Marilyn and Nana! I am sure that Papa and Uncle "Jash" (my brother Jason) will also help babysit tomorrow night.

Also, for those who may be wondering, we haven't had any more bad nights!

I will try to post again tomorrow night.

3 comments:

  1. Even with a chipped tooth, she is so precious! I hope to see you next weekend! - KDB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate writes:
    Aww poor baby. That's Ok Cayden won't mind the chipped tooth, when they start dating. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Nate, hopefully she will lose that chipped tooth before she and Cayden are old enough to date! Did Tami tell you what I told her about that? I told her to tell Cayden he better get well asap because Ros is going to need a younger man to boss around, lol!

    Thanks, Katie, for your comment. I do still think she is precious, even with a chipped tooth!

    ReplyDelete