The babies are so precious and I am totally in love :) After having Rosalyn, I just never thought I could love another baby so much...however, I was wrong! Caroline Grace and Elaina Joy have captured my heart just as their big sister did 2 years and 8 months ago. They are so sweet, soft, and snuggly. To look at them now is like staring at pure innocence. When I think of all three of my girls, it feels like my heart could burst with pride and joy!
The babies had their first doctor's appointment this past Monday. They both gained weight and are doing well overall. Caroline weighed 6lb11oz (her lowest weight was 6lb7oz) and Elaina weighed 6lb0oz (her lowest weight was 5lb9oz). So, Mommy's milk is working! They go back on Wednesday for their 2 week checkup.
Caroline and Elaina are SO different...I guess I expected them to be more alike, but they are definitely not identical! Here are their differences:
Caroline--bigger, darker/more hair, darker skin, blue eyes (for now), nose/mouth/chin looks more like Daddy's, different shaped eyes than Rosalyn and Elaina, more oval/angular shaped face, looks chunkier like Rosalyn, more tempermental/fiery than Elaina, can go from 0-60 in a second with her crying!, smiles all the time in her sleep, has "stork bites" across her eyelids like Rosalyn
Elaina--smaller, lighter/less hair, much lighter skin, gray eyes, nose/mouth/chin looks more like mine, eyes shaped just like Rosalyn's, rounder face, looks daintier, calmer, more mellow, loves her paci just like Rosalyn, always observing/looking around slowly, has "stork bites" on her neck like Rosalyn
We think they are both beautiful and perfect!!
Here are a few pictures (sorry some are grainy, didn't want to use flash on the babies' faces)...
Big Sister Rosalyn
Caroline





I love the picture of Jason with all three of "his girls." As for the earlier post about the clothes, I have logged in many hours of great therapy doing that sewing. I can hardly wait for Caroline and Elaina to get old enough to know who I am. Rosalyn, of course, already and always will own me. :)
ReplyDelete