Friday, May 1, 2009

Rosalyn is still improving! She is nearly 100% better :)


Yesterday, R and I went to the mall to eat lunch and find a birthday gift for a friend. Upon arriving, I realized that I had forgotten to put the stroller in the car! I had my BabyHawk Mei Tai carrier, which I still use regularly, but I wasn't sure that would work for more than little bit. I also forgot the "baby leash." So...I decided to be brave and just let her walk holding my hand. Guess what? She was sooo good. I was shocked. I fully expected her to run from me and refuse to cooperate, terrorizing the mall until either we were asked to leave by security or I left voluntarily in tears!! However, she was just the opposite. She walked right beside me holding my hand nearly the entire time. She didn't even run away one time! She smiled nicely and told everyone we saw "hi." She ate nearly all of her Chick-Fil-A lunch and then helped me look for the gift. We only had one near fit...we passed the Build A Bear store and she wanted to go in (we didn't). She let go of my hand and laid in the floor whining and gave a couple of halfhearted kicks. I just stood there looking at her like "Are you done yet?". She quickly hopped up, grabbed my hand, and we kept on walking like nothing happened. I did see a few observers chuckling at our little scene!


Today, we mostly stayed home. We did venture out this evening for a quick Wal-Mart run. I am helping with a bridal shower tomorrow and needed the stuff to make spinach-artichoke dip...yum!


I have been extra germ-cautious due to the stupid swine flu. I am sure that any observers at Wal-Mart this evening thought I for sure had severe OCD with the way I scrubbed down the buggy with sanitizer and baby wipes before putting Rosalyn in it!


I will try to post again tomorrow or Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Praise the Lord! I am so glad that Ros is feeling much better! I loved what you said about scrubbing down the cart at Wal-Mart. I always get looks from people, but nothing is too much for our babies!! :)

    ReplyDelete