Thursday, May 28, 2009

21 Months...

Rosalyn turned 21 months yesterday! Hard to believe she is nearly two years old!


Here are a few pictures of her that I took this evening...She was not very cooperative (as usual!).




Sitting on the coffee table...I have given up on keeping her off of it.

Watching Dora and wishing I would stop snapping pictures of her!

Serious Face

Finally, a smile (even if it is a fake! I tricked her into saying "please.")


Not a great picture, but it shows how long her hair is growing!
Here are a few facts about Rosalyn at 21 months...
Growth: She has not grown any over the past 3 months. I think it is the combination of toddler food pickiness and constant motion during her waking hours. She is holding steady at 27 lb (68%) and 32 inches (24%). I am not worried since I know she is eating healthy food (when she chooses to eat) and she still has plenty of chub to work with! She is wearing size 5 diapers and 24 month clothes. She wears a size 6 shoe.
Eating: See above! She is sometimes a great eater, totally cleaning her plate. Other times, she eats practically nothing all day long. She still drinks 16-24 oz whole milk/day. She is able to a fork/spoon fairly well and is able to drink from a regular cup (no lid or straw). However, she still uses her fingers to eat and her sippy cup to drink most of the time. Her favorite foods now are: fruit of any type, bread of any type, cheese of any type, and carrots. She basically refuses to eat meat at this stage in her life. I am sure this pickiness is normal for her age.
Sleeping: Ros is sleeping in her toddler bed fairly well now. She rarely ever cries when I lay her down for nap or bedtime. When she does fuss, it is just for a minute. She is rarely waking in the middle of the night. Our only real sleep issue at this time is that she is waking up super early (as in 5:30 am) regardless of her bedtime. Hopefully, we can get this kink smoothed out soon or I am going to need to stock up on coffee! She sleeps 9-11 hours/night and takes a 1-2 hour nap each day.
Speech: Rosalyn is talking all the time now. She says so many words on a regular basis that I've lost count. She is starting to put words together more often (hold me, open it, I see, I do it, etc). She "sings" lots of songs. She can recognize and say a few letters, numbers, colors, and shapes.
Motor: She loves to color, play with blocks, run, jump, and climb! In her opinion, there is nothing too big to climb up and/or over.. She is quite a daredevil and has given us lots of scares lately.
Other stuff: She loves to play outside with her bubbles, ball, swing, slide, or baby pool. She also loves to "hide" from us...she will run to another room and get behind/under a bed or door and wait for us to come in so that she can jump out! She is also teething viciously right now and it is not fun for her at all...it can contribute to some grouchiness at times!
She is such a sweet, funny little girl and I love her so much. She is the joy of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I cannot get over how much she has grown and how long her hair is!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete