Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Reason I Have Been Too Tired To Blog Lately...

I am Pregnant!!!


With Twins!!!


(Baby B is further away in the picture which causes him/her to appear blurry)


Yes, you read that correctly...Rosalyn is going to be a big sister X2 :) We are overjoyed to be expecting twins! My due date is May 11th although realistically the babies will likely be born in April. I will have a repeat cesarean. I am currently 8 weeks + 2 days pregnant. We went for an ultrasound this past Tuesday (8w0d) and saw both babies strong and healthy. They are definitely fraternal...so they could be both girls, both boys, or one of each! We will find out the sex sometime in December. They each measured exactly 1.38 cm and each had a heart rate of 156. Our doctor said each baby looked perfect and our rate of miscarriage at this point is very very low.


I am feeling pretty good most days, but I am much sleepier and more nauseated compared to my pregnancy with Rosalyn. My belly is already growing which is funny. I look 12-14 weeks pregnant rather than 8. No weight gain so far. I have actually lost 4 lb over the past few weeks. I am sure this will correct itself with time :) I will admit that I am a little nervous about gaining the amount of weight that twin moms are "supposed" to gain. I gained 26 lb with Rosalyn and that seemed like a lot!


My next OB appointment is this coming Tuesday...I will be 9 weeks that day. I will update as soon as I can :)


So, we know that there will be 2x this...

But there will also be 2x this...


And we can't wait!
We are already so in love with our two sweet new babies!



3 comments:

  1. I could imagine no one handling twins better than you and Jason! So thrilled for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was wondering if you were going to post the news... it's amazing how I heard the news all the way over here in Mississippi before you could post it!! LOL
    This is the most amazing awesome news! I am so excited for yall! This is going to be so much FUN!
    God is awesome; praise the Lord; blessings abound!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the bogue chitto grape vine there, Neisha! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete