I am 9 weeks pregnant today and my first "official" OB appointment was this morning (we have been under the care of our fertility doctor up to this point). We are using the same doctor that delivered Rosalyn...we love Dr. Leeds-Richter and feel extremely comfortable under her care. She and I really "click" and share the same opinion on most things which is a good thing considering that she will be guiding us through so much over the next 7 months or so.
The appointment went very well. We saw both babies on ultrasound and they looked perfect with fast little heartbeats. They are almost 1 inch long and nearly 1/10 of an ounce now. Dr. L-R said they couldn't look better!
My blood pressure was perfect and no weight gain so far. She said I need to plan to gain about 45 lb...that is roughly 1.5 lb/week average assuming we deliver full term...yikes! I gained 26 lb with Rosalyn so that seems like a lot! I am sure I will find a way to make it happen though :) I do have a mild urinary tract infection, but received medication to treat it. I had a lot of UTIs during my pregnancy with Rosalyn so I was not really surprised. I still have a prescription of Zofran for nausea but thankfully I haven't needed it much. She checked my cervix and it was long, hard, and closed which is exactly how it should be at this point, so no worries.
Dr. L-R was able to answer all of our questions and give us some reassurances about our many concerns. We will definitely have a repeat scheduled c-section for 38-40 weeks as long as I don't begin labor before. She is very optimistic that the babies will be "full term" or at least close. She reassured us that even though I am considered "high risk" and everything is "more" with multiples (more nausea, more soreness, more braxton hicks, need to eat more, need to rest more, etc) as long as I take it easy and follow my body's signals (eat when I'm hungry, rest when I'm tired, etc) that there is a great chance that things will be perfectly fine! That made me feel much better.
My next appointment is November 3rd. I will be 13 weeks that day...starting the second trimester! I will have an ultrasound that morning and then see my OB.
Thanks for reading my long pregnancy update!
In other news, Rosalyn is doing great. She is growing so much and talking all the time...she says the funniest things. She is so precious and makes me smile all the time. She frequently hugs and kisses me for no reason and says "I wuv you, Momma"...melts my heart like nothing else. She will always be my first baby and own that special place in my heart. I think that the main thing that has really bothered me about having twins is that I don't want her to feel "displaced." I am going to try to really come up with a plan to still have adequate time with her after the babies are born.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





So happy things are moving so smoothly!
ReplyDeleteMy husband has younger twin brothers. they are 2 years and 4 months younger. Ros will be fine- don't stress! Does she understand that you & Jason will be getting her some siblings?
ReplyDelete