Monday, August 31, 2009

Rosalyn's Birthday Party and First Day of School!

BIRTHDAY PARTY!!
Rosalyn looking at me like I am crazy when I marched into her room singing "Happy Birthday" bright and early Thursday morning (her actual birthday)...

Dining Room with Balloons...

Adorable Birthday Cake...

Yummy Food!


Opening Gifts...

Blowing Out the Candle...

Rosalyn had a wonderful 2nd birthday party yesterday! We had lots of great friends and family members there. The cake and food was delicious and Ros got lots of neat presents. We also watched a slideshow video of her second year. Thank you to everyone who was there! It was such a fun day!

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL :)

First lunch (ham/cheese sandwich, carrots, fruit twist, yogurt puffs, water)...


She was tired of taking pictures (she hates pictures just like her daddy!)...


On the way...


Modeling her backpack (she also has a matching napmat and lunch box)...

Rosalyn's first day of school was today! She did great and seemed to really enjoy herself. She will be going Monday and Wednesday 8:30-2. She did not cry at all when I dropped her off...I have to admit I got a little teary when she said "bye, momma, I wuv you, la-er" and ran off to play. When we picked her up, her teacher said she was very happy all day but did not take a nap (I was not surprised!). She even has a take home folder with her "work" in it! She is the youngest and smallest in her class (due to her late August birthday) but that didn't seem to bother her at all. My baby girl is growing up!
Her 2 year old check up was this past Friday. She weighs 29 lb (77%) and is 33.5 inches tall (37%)...short and chunky as usual! Her pediatrician examined her head to toe and said she was perfectly healthy, normal, and "very verbally advanced" (whatever that means). We think she is adorable and great no matter what! We have to go back in one month for her flu shot and after that we are free until she turns 3 (unless she gets sick).
Thanks for reading this long update!!

2 comments:

  1. Such a big, little BEAUTIFUL girl! I cannot get over how much she had grown, Jennifer! I hope we can see you guys next time we are in Baytown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how big she is getting and she has always been such a little beauty Jenn! I miss ya'll so bad. I have got to get my blog updated and post some new pictures of all the kids. Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete