Thursday, August 27, 2009

TWO!!

I cannot believe that Rosalyn is already two years old...where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday she was a sweet, tiny newborn snuggled on my chest. She is still snuggly and usually sweet :) She is the light of our lives and brings joy to our hearts every second of every day...I am so grateful to be her mommy. It has truly been the most rewarding experience of my life. I love that little girl more than words can say.


Tomorrow is her check up and she has to get a couple of shots :(. I am hoping she does ok with them...she has been fine in the past (with extra tylenol for a day or so), so maybe this time won't be any different. The only difference is that now she is really old enough to scream and fight, so it could be bad...I will update tomorrow with her growth, etc.


What is Rosalyn up to these days??? Talking and running around non-stop! She says so many words that we've lost count (1000+) and is learning more every day. She speaks in full sentences (up to eight word sentences). She can easily carry on simple conversations with us. Of course, her speech is still has "toddler pronunciation" and cannot say 'r' very well but those close to her easily understand most of what she says. She pretends to sing several songs. She can count to 10 (when she wants to). She can identify by sight 15 alphabet letters and can tell me the sounds of several of those. She knows a few shapes and colors. She can make numerous animal sounds and point/name 20 body parts. She has quite a little temper and spends time in "time out" occasionally :). She loves to climb and play on anything she can find and is a real daredevil. She is extremely outgoing, social, loves to play with other kids. When we pull into church, she usually says "I go chuch, Momma. I wanna pway (play) fwends. I wuv fwends."


She is adorable!


Today, for her birthday we got up early (at 8...early for us!) and went to eat doughnuts/chocolate milk for her special birthday breakfast. After running a few errands, we returned home to to watch Noggin and play for a while before lunch/nap. After nap, we played with Daddy until dinnertime. After dinner, we went to her "open house" night for the Mother's Day Out program she will be attending starting next week (more on that in another post!). After open house, we came home and visited with Nana and Pop for a while and ate treats from Sonic. It was a very happy day!


We are having her birthday party on Sunday afternoon, so I will definitely post some pictures after!

1 comment:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday Rosalyn!! I cannot wait to see pics from Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete