Since Rosalyn turns 2 1/2 today, I thought I would make a post of funny/cute things she has said and done lately...
--Recently, our cat (Roger) bit her for the first time ever. I was not surprised that he bit her when she informed me that she was trying to make him jump rope. She just could not understand why our old cat didn't want jump rope with her. Fortunately, the bite did not draw blood, though you would have thought she was mortally wounded the way she was crying. She later informed me that she needed a "wowwipop and stickas" (lollipop and stickers) to help her feel better.
--Yesterday, she randomly called my mom (normally Nana) "Mrs. Case" all day long! She would use this name in a very exaggerated way as in "Mrs. Case, Hello, Mrs. Case. I'm so glad to see you, Mrs. Case. Mrs. Case, you wanna eat supper with me, Mrs. Case?" All we can figure is that she heard one of the students at my mom's school call her Mrs. Case. She informed Jason today "Daddy, I went to Mrs. Case's house yesterday and played with my toys at her house."
--Last night, as I was tucking her in, she said "Momma, when I grow up to be a big girl, I just want to get a green helmet and skate soooo fast on TV....ok, Momma?" It was so cute! Obviously she has been paying attention to the olympics!
--She has become a bit of a hypochondriac at times. She always tells me "My rote hurts...I need some applejuice to make it feel betta." She will use the "rote" (throat) excuse all the time now...if she doesn't like something she will say "dat makes my 'rote' scwatchy, Momma." She also informed me recently that she had a "beva" (fever) and needed medicine. Even though she is perfectly healthy, she makes me put a little dap of Baby Vick's salve on her nose each and every night...she calls it her "booger medicine."
--She loves to play with her baby dolls and pretend to be the mommy. She takes them to the potty all the time....she will hold them over the potty and encourage them to tee-tee in the potty like a big girl!
--Recently, we were discussing the lunches that she and her friends bring to school (her Mother's Day Out program 2x/week). She told me (with an exaggerated, pitiful, disappointed sigh at the end) "Alli drinks co-co milk, Joe drinks juice box, Ros-a-wyn just drinks wata."
--She bursts into my room each and every morning at 7:30 am and says "Good morning, Momma, I SO gwad to see you!" and gives me hugs and kisses. Of course, I am still so sleepy, but who can be grouchy to that sweet greeting!?! I did tell her a couple days ago that I was still so tired and she said "Dat's ok, Momma, just come lay down on da couch...I'll just drink my milk and watch TV."
--Every morning, she insists on shaking my belly and saying "Wake up, baby sisters! Time to wake up! Good morning, baby sisters!" Poor Caroline and Elaina don't know what they are in for! I told her yesterday that the babies were so sleepy right now and they just wanted to rest in Mommy's tummy...she said "Come out, baby sisters, I let you go night-night in my bed and I will wead you a bedtime stowy!"
--She has gotten a little OCD about her pacis, even to the point of naming a couple of them. There is one that is fuschia colored that she has named "Pink." She refers to it by name as in "I need to go find 'Pink'." She refuses to suck a white paci or blue paci...we are not sure why, but she immediately throws them down and says they are yucky. She prefers only pink pacis, but will settle occasionally for green or orange. She will also bursts into tears if I even show her the little newborn pacis I've bought for C and E...she says "Those tiny baby pacis hurt my mouth, Momma."
--Her imagination has developed to the point that she gets worried about things "getting her" especially at bedtime. Every night, we go through a list of things that I have to repeat after her except saying "no" before the item. Each night, the creatures/objects are varied and some of them see pretty harmless! A typical night would be "No Cookie Monster, No owls, No turtles, No fishes, No octopuses, No frogs" Once I just repeat the "no" list back to her, she is perfectly satisfied and will go straight to sleep. Crazy girl!
--Recently, we got in the car and she said "I wanna wisten to some wap music, Momma." I found something with a livelier beat and she was dancing away back there in her carseat!
--She is constantly using big, new words like "dangerous" and "delicious." It is so much fun to hear her saying such big words and actually using them correctly!
--We were reading a book a few nights ago about a squirrel and I asked her what she thought squirrels eat. She looked at me like I was crazy and said "Momma, squills eat pine-corns." I am not sure if she was trying to say pinecones or acorns, but it cracked me up!
--A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to her age appropriately about breast-feeding since we are about to have two new nursing babies in our house. She later informed Jason and my mom "My baby sisters are just gonna eat my Momma's boob!" I about died. I wonder who else she has shared this fact with!
--One day last week, she was devastated when her crayons had to visit time-out because she drew a two-year-old's version of a green hopscotch grid on my kitchen floor (it wiped off, thankfully!). She wailed and said "I was just gonna play hopscotch, Momma. Here, want me to show you how to play it? It IS fun, Momma, I pwomise."
--She will often tell us "keep trying, don't give up" if she thinks we are about to stop doing something. She recently wanted me to make a bunny (of all things) out of her lego blocks and when I told her that I wasn't sure that was possible, she gave me those words of wisdom!
--When she makes a new picture at school or at home, she is SO proud and insists we put it on the "fwidgawata" right away. Every time she sees it, she says "I made dat, Momma!"
--Tonight, when she was getting ready to leave to spend the night with "Mrs. Case aka Nana" she told me "I just going to sleep at Nana's house, Momma, dat's all. I coming back tomorrow, ok? I wuv you, Momma, and I will miss you sooo much. It's ok, Momma, I'll be back lata, don't worry." She said this all with a tone indicating that she thought I was devastated at her departure!
--She loves to make me sing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" and insert everyone she can think of into the song. I have learned to shorten it by combining as many as I can...example: "He's got Nana-Pop-Jas-Laura-Al-Kelsey in His hands..." So far, she doesn't seem to mind this method.
--She is so grateful for the smallest little trinkets and gifts. If I give her a few M&M's she will say "Oh thank you, Momma, thank you, thank you" and kiss those little candies like I had given her a million bucks!
She is just the funniest, sweetest little girl and I am so grateful to call her mine. Her curiosity and eternal optimism keep me entertained & she fills my life with laughter and joy each and every day. I cannot imagine life without her sweet, sassy, sunny personality. She (along with her sisters) are my life's most precious gift!
On a side note....2 months from today (April 27th) we will be holding our new baby girls! I can't wait! So far, pregnancy is progressing normally with no problems other than general misery for me...a price I will gladly pay for two healthy babies! My next ultrasound and appointment is March 8th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment