Jason had to work, so we had a low key (but fun) holiday with my parents, Nana and Pop. We started off the evening at 5 by going to our city's 4th of July celebration. For Rosalyn's age, there was: a petting zoo, pony rides, train rides, a bounce house, face painting, balloons, and ice cream + lots more stuff for other age groups and adults. Needless to say, she had a blast! She had sooo much fun and was so excited for each new activity (once she stopped sobbing because we were stopping the current activity). That excitement is contagious!
After the city celebration, the four of us went to Cracker Barrel for supper. It is too hot to cook! We had a yummy dinner complete with Strawberry Shortcake for dessert. Rosalyn ate a grilled cheese, carrots, and applesauce. She also showed off her potty training...I had changed her diaper at 4:30 prior to leaving for the city party. At Cracker Barrel (at 7:30), she told me she needed to use the potty. So, I took her fully expecting a wet diaper. However, her diaper was still dry (after 2-3 cups of fluids and 3 hours of distracting fun). She happily peed in the potty and we put her diaper back on! I am so proud of her! She has been really doing well with potty training. Before leaving the restaurant, she and Pop picked out a prize for him to buy for her. She got one of those fake ferret/weasel things that chases its ball. She likes it and really wanted it, but is also halfway scared of it. Silly girl! Maybe Roger can use it for exercise!
After dinner, we came back to our house and said goodbye to Nana and Pop. Then at 9:30, Rosalyn and I went into our backyard and layed side by side in the dark on a big sheet to watch the city fireworks. We live close enough to the park that it was like our own private fireworks show! They literally looked like they were going to fall on our heads! It was so nice to see her so excited...it almost felt like being a kid all over again. With each big firecracker, she would turn her head to me, drop her jaw and look at me like "seriously, did you just see that?" At first, she thought they were birds. She looked at me with a questioning look and said "bud?" It was cute. Once I explained to her, she said "cwack-a" every time she saw one. She also thought they were "pre-ey" (pretty). When we went inside, she said "nigh-nigh cwack-a." I think that laying there in the grass holding her sticky little hand and watching the firecrackers tonight was one of my sweetest, most favorite moments ever with her. Perfection.
At 10, the fireworks were over and we went inside to get ready for bed. After her bath, I put her to bed and I think she was asleep before I even got to the door! She was exhausted after all the fun today!
I really enjoyed being her mommy today (not that I don't always love being her mommy, but you know what I mean). She is absolutely the most precious thing ever and I love her so much. She has been saying "I wub you, Mommy" lately and giving me a big kiss...and if you think that melts me to mush, then you should see it when she crawls up in Jason's lap and says "I wub you, Daddy." I have seen him get big tears in his eyes at the sound of her sweet little baby voice! There is no word big enough for the gratitude I feel towards God for giving me this sweet baby girl. She is my little firecracker and truly my life's greatest joy.
Here are a few pictures. Besides missing Jason since he had to work, it was a great day! My dad (Pop) is not in any of the pictures even though he was there! Maybe he was too busy sampling the free blue bell ice cream!
This picture kind of reminds me of...





I loved reading your post - what a sweet memory to have with your beautiful little girl! She is growing so quickly!!! Thank you for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteWhat great pics! Wow, her hair is getting long and thick in the back!
ReplyDelete