We recently had their 6 month appointment and all is well. Here are their "stats"...
Caroline--15lb11oz (35%), 26 inches long (48%), and Head is 17 inches (64%)
Elaina--15lb14oz (39%), 26 inches long (48%), and Head is 17 inches (64%)
They are super tiny to me, compared to Rosalyn. At the same age/length she was about 19 lb!
They got their immunizations and were extremely fussy for a few days :(
They are wearing 3-6 month clothes, but transitioning into their 6-9 month wardrobe. They were size 3 diapers, but I think I will have to buy size 4 next time.
They still don't sleep all night, usually waking 1-2x/night to eat...It is my constant prayer that they will sleep all night LOL! The longest stretch they usually go at this point is 6-7 hours, occasionally a little longer. I am pretty sure they were better sleepers at 3 months old!
They eat 5-6x/day (every 3-4 hours)...5-6 oz each bottle. They have also started eating babyfood 1x/day which they LOVE! It is so cute to see them eating!
Caroline can roll everywhere and is starting to crawl...she rocks on all fours and will make about three moves with her knees before falling over. It is adorable. She can sit up pretty well unassisted. She has also developed stranger anxiety a bit early. She sticks out her bottom lip sooo far and just wails when someone she is unfamiliar with talks to her. She has a cute chuckle and loves for Rosalyn to play with her. She "growls" a lot and loves to talk loud. She has an intense, lively little personality and keeps us laughing with her antics.
Elaina can roll over one way (tummy to back) but tries a lot to roll over the other way. She can hold her head and chest up very well during tummy time, but does not try to crawl yet. She can sit well with a little help. She loves, loves, loves to cuddle and be held which is probably the reason she is a bit behind Caroline on her motor skills. She listens intensely when Rosalyn talks to her...it is like she is hanging on every word. She coos and does soft baby talk a lot...you have to listen closely because Caroline is so loud! She smiles easily and is just the sweetest baby ever.
They are both so very precious and loveable. We love them so much!!
Here are a few pictures...





Words cannot express how much more in love I fall with Elaina and Caroline as the days go by. Elaina is a "love bug"! Caroline makes the most adorable expressions! I have a confession to make: I haven't really told you because they always go back to sleep for me, but when I stay with you on Wednesday nights and get up with them so you and Jason can sleep, I always play with them!! Caroline just chuckles and squirms when she sees me in the middle of the night because she knows we'll play. Elaina just cuddles and squirms her little body closer as we sit in the rocker. She looks up at me with such sleepy eyes and smiles so that her paci droops. After about 5-10 minutes they are back to sleep for the night. Then, the highlight of my sleepover appears, Rosalyn -- the one who owns me -- slips in my bed so we can search for Baby Mouse all night. Yes, I am all but dead as I attempt to work the next day. HAHA!! Believe me, though, I would not trade those precious, nights with Rosalyn, Caroline, and Elaina for anything!
ReplyDelete