Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Original Due Date :)

First, a few pictures...


Another futile attempt at a decent picture of all three! They are wearing the sweet "Big Sister/Little Sister" t-shirts I bought them!

Elaina Joy...


Caroline Grace...


Rosalyn Elisabeth...

Mommy and all three Princesses...Do I look exhausted?!?!

Today, May 11th, is my "real" due date, my 40-weeks-pregnant day! I cannot imagine if I had really stayed pregnant until today...surely I would have popped by now!

Here is what our little duo is up to these days:
Caroline and Elaina are three weeks old today. Caroline weighs about 8 lb and Elaina weighs about 7 lb. They are both a little over 18 inches long. Still wearing all newborn clothes/diapers. They are eating every 3-3.5 hours, about 3-3.5 ounces at each feeding. I am pumping breastmilk for them to eat...so far, they haven't had any formula. My current goal is to feed them only breastmilk for their first six weeks and however long I can manage to pump enough after that point. It is getting harder and harder to keep up with their needs though, so we will see how it goes. They sleep a lot in between feedings, but they are beginning to stay awake for a few minutes before/after eating. They have had a few fussy moments over the past few days, but hopefully it will pass soon...We are using plenty of Mylicon and Gripe Water at our house! We are beginning to see more of their little personalities emerging. Caroline can be a little firecracker and Elaina is a little more mellow and reminds me a lot of Rosalyn as a baby. They are both so sweet and precious (most of the time!). We are very much in love with these sweet baby girls.


I am feeling much better now, recovery-wise. This c-section was much harder physically to recover from compared to Rosalyn's birth. I am basically pain-free for the most part now, thankfully. I have lost 43 lb...only 3 more to my pre-pregnancy weight! However, my belly will never be the same :(. I suppose it is a small price to pay for two big, healthy baby girls! I am so tired, truly sleepier than I could have ever imagined. The good thing about having a toddler is that I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel...I know that in just a short time--less than a year--we should all be sleeping at night and eating on a better schedule and able to actually leave the house!


Jason is adjusting to being the daddy of three little girls. He is a great daddy and loves them so much. I could not do this without him here to help me...I am already starting to get panicky about him going back to work in June!


Rosalyn is 32.5 months and just as silly as ever! She has been quite sassy lately with her talking, so I made a little spray bottle of part vinegar-part water and told her it was "sassy mouth spray" and that she would get a spray on her tongue when she talked ugly to mommy or daddy. I have had to use it twice...both times she grimaced/shuddered, but refused to acknowledge that it actually tasted bad. She just smiled after and said she liked it! She is SO rotten, but I love her :) She had to go to the doctor for her allergies last week. She is 33 lb and 35.75 inches. My little chubster! She is talking SO much and knows way too much for her own good. It is amazing (and hilarious!) to hear some of the things this opinionated little girl says! She can count, say/identify her ABCs, identify shapes/colors, and remembers lots of songs/books/stories/etc. She has a wild imagination! She had her Nana playing outside on Sunday pretending they were princesses hiding away in a cave from big polar bears that were trying to get them! She is a wonderful big sister and dotes on the babies. She gets very upset if she hears them cry and demands that we pick them up immediately! She can tell them apart almost all the time. She has transitioned well into her role as big sister and her behavior at home is improving as she continues this life-changing adjustment.


So, thats our little update for the week! Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to come visit and you impart all your motherly knowledge on me!!! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad that I live by you so I can be part of "lifewiththekellys"! If only Alan and Kelsey lived right here with us. :/

    ReplyDelete