Ok, first a jumbled update on Rosalyn!
Rosalyn is 28 months now. She is full of life and energy and brings unimaginable laughter into our lives everyday. We love her so much! She is talking all the time...full conversations and 10+ word sentences. Her vocabulary is easily into the thousands. She is constantly asking me "What's dat, Mommy?" and loves to go, go, go! This morning when I woke her up, she said "Mommy, I wanna go to Wal-Mart!" She is a little procrastinator at times and will often tell us "I'll do dat 'gamorrow' (her pronunciation of the word 'tomorrow'), Momma." She is very active...anyone who knows her can attest to the fact that she never stops moving unless asleep! She can be quite bossy, but I guess she gets it honestly :) She is extremely social and seems to be a leader at this point in her young life. She can name/recognize many shapes and colors now. She can count and sing songs. She recognizes most capital letters and knows the sounds that many make. Her favorite games are "music show," "cooking," "check-up," and "babies." It is so much fun to see her imagination developing! Rosalyn has also definitely hit the "terrible twos!" She is usually sweet and able to be reasoned with, but sometimes she can really surprise us with the intensity of her tantrums! She weighs about 30 lb and is about 35 inches...wearing all 3T clothes now. We are working on potty training and she is doing ok with it so far. Her favorite drink is chocolate milk and her favorite foods are macaroni & cheese and grapes.
Here are some recent pictures of my sweet girl!!
Ok, now an update on the babies and me!
I am 23 weeks pregnant with the baby girls today. We have decided on names..."Baby A" is Caroline Grace and "Baby B" is Elaina Joy. It was very difficult to decide on their names! I had an OB appointment today and everything is perfect so far, thankfully. BP was 100/60 (great), I have gained 16 lb above pre-pregnancy weight (I am "allowed/encouraged" to gain 40-50 lb total), and urine testing was normal. I am measuring (fundul height; uterus size) 30 weeks now. The babies are about 1.25 lb each and about 12 inches head to toe each. Their heartrates were both in the 150's today at my appointment. They are moving so much now that we can see my belly jumping! I have my glucose test for gestational diabetes in 2 weeks. I will have another ultrasound and see my obstetrician again on Monday, February 8th. I was supposed to see her again on January 26th (same day as my glucose test), but she said that the babies and I are doing so great that there is no reason to keep that appointment. I will start every 1-2 week appointments after February 8th! Also, my c-section is officially scheduled!!! Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 at 1 pm! I will be 38 weeks exactly that day. Overall, I am feeling ok and blessed to be healthy, but still very tired most days...it feels like I am about 43 weeks pregnant instead of 23! I am at the point now where it is very difficult to get comfortable, sleep, eat, breathe, etc but I know it will all be worth it to have two big, healthy babies! I am only working 1 day/week now, so that helps a ton. Also, Jason and my parents are wonderful about being at my beck and call to help with Rosalyn, bring food, etc. which I am super grateful for.
Jason has been busy with work. I have the best husband in the world...he is working 60 hours/week so that I can stay home with Rosalyn and grow our babies. I love him so much and I am so thankful for everything he does for me and Rosalyn...we couldn't make it without him! In his spare time, he stays busy helping me prepare the nursery for the two new princesses (we are getting there!) and playing with Ros.
Here are two pictures from today of my belly :)
(Warning: one is a bare belly picture, in case that makes you squeamish!)
(Warning: one is a bare belly picture, in case that makes you squeamish!)
.jpg)





You look soooo good, and I cannot believe how much Ros is growing! I love the pic of Lisa cutting her hair. Precious face!
ReplyDeleteHi Jennifer! Thanks for posting so many pics of Rosalyn. She is soooo grown up now. I bet she is so excited to be a Big Sister and soon to have 2 babies to play with. We miss you guys so much!
ReplyDeletePS Maggie is in 2t clothes, 22 lbs. Kinda interested in potty training, but not always. Loves babies, princesses and Dora!