Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nine Month Update :)

     Caroline and Elaina are nine months old today...I cannot believe it! My precious little babies are quickly changing into big babies! It is soooo much fun to see them learn and grow and do new things, but it makes me sad sometimes to see how much they have already changed. They both bring us so much joy and happiness!

Here are a few pictures of them together...




Caroline...


Elaina...


Here is an update on what all is new with these sweet girls (this is probably way more than you want to know, but I keep these for my records!)...

Our usual daily routine--
7-8ish am: wake up/diaper/5-7 oz bottle...then playtime
10ish am: breakfast, then diaper/lay down for morning nap--about 2 hours
12ish pm: wake up/diaper/5-7 oz bottle...then playtime
2ish pm: snack...then more playtime
3ish pm:diaper/lay down for afternoon nap--about 1 hour
4ish pm: wake up/5-7 oz bottle...then playtime
6ish pm:dinner
6:30ish pm: bathtime/PJs
7:30ish pm: 5-7 oz bottle/books/snuggle with mommy
8ish pm: in bed asleep (sometimes earlier)--sleep 11-12 hours at night

Both--
Eating:
*Drink 4 bottles of formula a day (5-7 oz each bottle) for a total of about 24 oz/day...Elaina usually eats the most :)
*Do not hold their bottles...sometimes Caroline tries, but I do not let them :)
*Usually eat the same way they have since they were little...sitting in the bouncy seats but scooted all the nearly on top of my legs so I can touch/see/talk to them both while feeding them
*Eat "solids" twice a day: breakfast and dinner...getting ready to add in lunch sometime soon.
*Can pick up snacks easily with thumb and finger--the "pincer grasp"
*Can drink easily from a straw
*Favorite foods--peas, yogurt, applesauce, cheese, any and all finger foods...they are not picky at all (for now!)

Sleeping:
*Sleep 11-12 hours each night without a peep! Yay...finally! Elaina has been a great sleeper for a while, but Caroline just started sleeping all night so I sure hope it lasts!!
*Take two naps a day, 1-2 hours each
*Love their pacis for sleep and sleep on their tummies snuggled with their favorite blankies...they put themselves to sleep fabulously just like they always have (God must have known I really needed them to do this with no problems since I had two babies!)

Caroline:
*Is 18lb even (29%), 28 inches (57%), and head is 17.5 in (59%)...wears all 9 month clothes and size 4 diapers...so tiny to me but perfectly healthy according to pedi, just smaller than her chunker big sister (who was 21 lb at the same age/length)
*Is crawling, pulling up, cruising, climbing and getting into EVERYTHING she can find!
*Called "baby bull" by her daddy because she is so rough!
*Prefers to be on the floor exploring things...only willing to cuddle at bedtime or when sick.
*Loves to put things in her mouth, including cat food
*Is starting to throw tantrums (back arching, kicking, wailing) when she doesn't get her way
*Has 5, almost 6, teeth
*Is very feisty, energetic, and playful at home...laughs hysterically at nothing and is a total clown...so cute I can hardly stand it when she gives her mischievous grin and crawls off at the speed of light!
*Is very suspicious, quiet, and a big momma's baby when not at home
*Looks just like her daddy according to most people (including me!)
*Has just enough hair for a little ponytail
*Calls me "Mama" (which melts me completely) and also says "Dada" intentionally and babbles lots of other sounds
*Adores her sisters and thinks they are so funny!
*Has eyes turning to hazel just like Rosalyn
*Usually brave but is very unsure of strangers and is terrified of door-stoppers of all things (the ones that make the boingy noise)
*Nicknames--Cara, Cara-Grace, Carolina, Carolinie, Sweet Caroline, Baddy-Badderson, Baby Bull, Baby A, Sweet Potatoe Pie...But we usually just call her Caroline, especially in public since we don't want her to be called a nickname instead of her real name

Elaina:
*Is 17lb15oz even (28%), 29 inches--1 inch longer than Caroline! (86%), and head is 17.75 in (76%)...wears all 9 month clothes and size 4 diapers...also tiny to me but perfectly healthy according to pedi, just smaller than her chunker big sister (who was 21 lb at the same age/about the same length)
*Is crawling everywhere and can pull up to her knees, however...
*Much prefers to be in my arms watching from a safe distance :)
*Is very dainty and delicate
*Is still a fussy baby when not being held, but getting much better about playing with her sisters or with her toys..still spends a lot of time being held
*Has one cute, little tooth!
*Is very snuggly, sweet, and playful...smiles sooo easily and is irresistable with those long lashes!
*Is sweet to everyone, smiling at whoever talks to her!
*Looks just like her mommy and Uncle Jason according to most people (including me!)
*Also has just enough hair for a little ponytail
*Can wave bye-bye and is starting to babble ba-ba-ba...she is quieter than her sister
*Adores her sisters, but is bad about taking things away from Caroline! They are starting to have little spats over toys and pacifiers!
*Has blue eyes still...I think they will stay that way!
*Sometimes timid and afraid, but getting better about this...still terrified of running water!
*Nicknames--Laina, Lainer, Laina-Joy, Lainie-Lanerson, Velcro Baby, Baby B, Sugar Pumpkin...But we usually just call her Elaina, especially in public since we don't want her to be called a nickname instead of her real name

I could go on forever about their adorable little personalities! They are as different as night and day, but compliment each other wonderfully. I love them soooo much...they are such precious, smart, beautiful little babies and I am so glad that God gave them to our family!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that God gave Elaina and Caroline to our family as well. I did not know that I could love so many little people as much as I do. I absolutely look forward to dropping by and hearing them babble and laugh at each other. Now, fill us in on Rosalyn -- my keeper! ;)

    ReplyDelete