Oh how I love this little girl...the things she says keep me laughing each and every day. I simply cannot believe she will soon be three years old. Here are a few recent highlights. I am quoting her word-for-word in these descriptions below (pronunciation and bad grammar included!)...
A few nights ago, I noticed Rosalyn was putting pennies underneath her pillow before bedtime. As a side note, she is obsessed with going to kindergarten and talks about it several times a day. We have tried to no avail to explain to her that she still has a while before she can attend kindergarten. Anyway, this is how the conversation went...
A few nights ago, I noticed Rosalyn was putting pennies underneath her pillow before bedtime. As a side note, she is obsessed with going to kindergarten and talks about it several times a day. We have tried to no avail to explain to her that she still has a while before she can attend kindergarten. Anyway, this is how the conversation went...
Me: Rosalyn, why are you putting those pennies underneath your pillow?
Ros: Well, Momma, I'm puttin' dis money here so da toof fai-wy will come and take out all my baby teef so I can go to kinda-gawden!
Me: (trying not to laugh at her because she was very serious) Really?
Ros: Yes, Mommy, dat toof fai-wy is comin' tonight and then I weally weally can go to kinda-gawden...I'm am soooo excited!
Saturday afternoon, Rosalyn got it in her head that she needed a haircut (which she refers to as a "shortcut"). She has had her hair trimmed once by Lisa but showing her the pictures of that did not make her happy and she insisted that she needed a "shortcut" that very day! This is what she said...
Ros: Momma, I'm am gettin' a shortcut today.
Me: Rosalyn, today is not a good day, I'll take you soon to see Auntie Lisa and she can trim it.
Ros: No, Momma, I'm am gettin' a shortcut TODAY. Dis hair needs a shortcut.
Needless to say, I ended up letting the Wal-Mart salon trim it (barely) that afternoon before shopping for groceries. I was too afraid that with her determination we may end up with a self cut otherwise. She sat in the chair just as proud as a little peacock getting her "shortcut."
This afternoon, I was holding a fussy Elaina when she came up to me with a distressed look on her face...
Me: What's wrong, Rosalyn?
Ros: Momma, you jus pwease put dat baby Wain-da (how she says Elaina) down in her bed and wet her cwy."
Me: Rosalyn, why do you want me to do that...Elaina has a tummy ache. I can hold you too, come here.
Ros: No, Momma, just put Wain-da down. Don't wuwwy (worry)...you can be her mommy lata. I want you to jus hold me and jus be MY mommy wight now and I'll jus be your big-girl-baby Wos-wyn, ok.
Talk about stabbing me straight through the heart!
Yesterday, Rosalyn told me that she needed a jewelry box...
Me: Why do you need a jewelry box, Rosalyn?
Ros: I need a jewel-wy box so I can put all my accessowies in it.
Me: What kind of accessories are you talking about?
Ros: Momma, you know, my bwacelet and my wings (rings), and scawfs (scarfs), and make-up.
A couple of weeks ago, she fixed herself a little seat using a stool and a laundry basket. I cautioned her that she may fall, but she still insisted to try it out. When she got on her seat she told me "Dat sure was cleva (clever), Momma. I'm am weally cleva! Do you fink (think) I'm am a cleva girl?"
Today, she was carrying around a shiny dime everywhere and would not let it leave her side. When I inquired about it, she told me with a forlorn expression that it was her "wish." I said "What is your wish, baby?" and she said "I jus wish my Nana would come to dis house and pick me up to go to her house and I can spend da night wif her." That just about broke my heart! My mom has been out of town for nearly two weeks and Rosalyn misses her terribly. :(





Jenn your momma told me about the tooth fairy and the shiney dime last night! I know her heart is breaking from being away from her baby girl this long! We are both anxious to see what baby Caroline, Elaina, and Jordyn will get up to with such good teachers! Lol..............
ReplyDeleteLOL Rosalyn is a hoot! I can only imagine what it must be like at your house on a daily basis. I love that you journal these things. They are precious memories.
ReplyDelete